Wednesday 15 June 2016

Kitchen & Pantry

216-218 Chiswick High Road
W4 1PD

020 8747 0006


Kitchen and Pantry opened in 2008 on the site of the Natural Cafe.  They have another branch in Notting Hill and say of themselves that 'coffee is an experience to be savoured and they must get it right every time'.  One would hope so.


The two Miss West4urants and I went for breakfast and entered into an interior that is all oak tables, leather sofas and high bar stools and has the slight feel of a dimly lit school dining hall.  The menu doesn't get much more exciting than school dinners either - the Full English breakfast was broken down product by product - so there is a choice of eggs, sausage, tomatoes, baked beans etc, etc which is costed by how many you indulge in - so 1 product is £3.50, 2 products £4.50, 3 products £5.50 - you get the picture.  It's an efficient if slightly functional and unappetising means of pricing.


Miss Elder West4urants and I had the porridge with blueberries and cinnamon  (a small smattering of each) made with almond milk - call me fussy, but I do like somewhere that will make you porridge with an alternative milk.  It came in a bowl that looked like it had been filched from a school dining room but was none the worse for that.  The Younger Miss West4urants had a sausage bap (2 products) - she was very happy with her processed sausage and white bap, but then she would be - I'm guessing you can see who the health afficionados are in our family.  We also had some toast.  1970's sliced brown bread with school jam.  It looked almost as sad as I felt eating it.


Coffee was fine, I think.  I don't drink it very much so am not able to judge but Miss Elder West4urants is becoming quite an expert.  I'm not sure it was an experience that she savoured and they strived for but hey ho.  I had a green tea (surprise!), a decent sized mug but I do wish everyone would serve tea in a pot.  It's so much more satisfying.

Kitchen and Pantry isn't somewhere I'll rush back to.  If you want to savour coffee there are definitely other places in Chiswick providing better savouring.  You're welcome.



Food (for 3): £13.50
Drinks: £8.00
Total: £23.50

No comments:

Post a Comment